Places to Stalk me

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cascade: Book Review




What if you not only fell back through time... but fell in love, too?

Publisher: David C Cook
Series: The River of Time Series book 2
Edition: Paperback
Pages: 399
Rating: 5/5 
Genre: Young Adult



Summary is taken from goodreads.

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.

But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.
Give me one sec while I go all fan girl. *Screams tears of joy while jumping up and down*
Whew, glad to get that out of my system. Let me start off by saying this series is SO AMAZING!!! Why haven't you read it yet? Whats wrong with you!!!
So the story continues with Gabi and her sister Lia and it does NOT disappoint. The first book in every series is always meant to set up the scene for some action to go down in the upcoming books. This is book # 2 in The River of Time series so you guessed it, theres a lot of action. Gabi is so smart and strong that deserves to be my favorite heroin ever, the connection she has to her sister Lia so unbelievably real, and sweet. They truly, deep down, care for each other and are always there to protect one another. I loved that this book had not only true love, action, but it also had a beautiful connection between sisters.
My heart was racing as I read every page of this book, every moment I was dying to read and know more and more what was going to happen. The amount of conflict in the second book is definitely heart wrenching. The writing is absolutely captivating and the scenes leap off the page and bind themselves straight to your heart.

Book cover: Beautiful, my favorite of the three. The girl on the front is exactly how I picture Lia and it has that soft buttery feel again to the cover.

Characters: There is not one flaw I see in any of these characters. Completely pure and perfect.

Writing: Beautiful and Captivating

Ending: As soon as I was at the end of this book I immediately grabbed Torrent. (Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment