Places to Stalk me

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Book Review: Dead Beautiful






Publisher: Hyperion
Series: Dead Beautiful #1
Edition: Paperback
Pages: 455
Rating: 4/5
Genre: Paranormal Romance

*Bought*


On the morning of her sixteenth birthday, Renée Winters was still an ordinary girl. She spent her summers at the beach, had the perfect best friend, and had just started dating the cutest guy at school. No one she'd ever known had died. But all that changes when she finds her parents dead in the Redwood Forest, in what appears to be a strange double murder. 
After the funeral Renée’s wealthy grandfather sends her to Gottfried Academy, a remote and mysterious boarding school in Maine, where she finds herself studying subjects like Philosophy, Latin, and the “Crude Sciences.”
It’s there that she meets Dante Berlin, a handsome and elusive boy to whom she feels inexplicably drawn. As they grow closer, unexplainable things begin to happen, but Renée can’t stop herself from falling in love. It’s only when she discovers a dark tragedy in Gottfried’s past that she begins to wonder if the Academy is everything it seems.
Little does she know, Dante is the one hiding a dangerous secret, one that has him fearing for her life. 


This book was really unique and I am always looking for something really creative to read since I get pretty sick of the same story over and over again. I read this pretty quickly and was happy to have found a nice gem in my bookstore since I haven't heard a lot of things about it. I was a little nervous thinking this might be another vampire book but nope! It's not! 
I won't give anything away but what I will say is how gripping this book was for me. The element of mystery and the love interest had my heart pounding and my mind racing from page to page and had me completely hooked from beginning to end. The only negative I have was that the beginning was a little slow but that was needed for the dramatic twists and turns that were coming ahead.
The love interest was awesome and it had the element of "I want to love you, but you scare me" thing to it, which is always exciting! 
There were times that I was reading this and thought I completely figured this book out but I was completely wrong and just shocked by what was really going on.
If you want a book with a conflicting love interest, mystery and mind games check this book out!!


I will definitely be giving the next book a read. Check it out below!


February 24th 2012



1 comment:

  1. This book has been on my shelf for the longest time now! :( Hearing that you liked it so much, I'm gonna push it up on my seemingly endless TBR pile! :)
    Thanks for the review!
    -Angel
    http://angel909reviews.com

    ReplyDelete